The term ‘wood borer’ covers many types of wood boring beetles, some with wonderful names like Auger, Jewel, Stag and Pinhole Borers. But whatever they are called, you’ll want to say goodbye to them.
Wood borers are wood damaging insect that invade and damage structural and furniture wood based on the type and moisture content of the wood. All homes or businesses constructed of natural wood are at risk to wood borer infestations.
Here are some helpful facts about Wood Borers:
- Adult beetles lay their eggs in wood cracks. They infest floorboards, furniture, wooden beams and any other wooden objects in your property.
- Larvae burrow deep into the wood where they feed and in the process they make a maze of tunnels over several years.
- If infestation left untreated, timbers within a building can be weaken and may lead to structural failure of timbers.
Have you noticed these signs?
Regular inspections and monitoring will help to identify a problem early to ensure fast and effective solutions for wood borer infestation. This will help to reduce the risks of long term damage to your building structural and wooden items.
RAPPM pest experts approach provides rigorous protection for your property.
- Expert inspection: of your home or business
- Wood borer species identification: enables the right solution to target the invading wood borer species
- Professionally qualified technicians: will conduct routine visits to correctly identify your pest problems and provide the best solutions
- Safe and targeted treatments: our extensive knowledge means we can provide you with targeted and effective treatment to get rid of wood borer